Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My faves

Everyone's got a list. Here's mine. In no order with no particular set number. Horror movies, of course.
1. New Moon - Sure, I know I lose some street cred for my Twi-Hardness. But I like what I like. I know many do not consider this horror. Really? Vampires? Werewolves? Um, ok. I liked it. It's supernatural. Nuff said.
2. Drag Me To Hell - Many dissed this film for its lack of gore and general scariness. I enjoyed it because it made me think. Ambiguous enough to keep me guessing, but concrete enough to keep me on track. Saw it a few times in the theater, and that says something.
3. Trick R Treat - Filmed with a pre-True Blood, Anna Paquin annoyed me very little in this awesome flick. For one, she didn't have a southern accent. And for two, well, I won't give it away, but she KICKS ASS! This movie is a little gem. Loved it. Unfortunately, it did not have theater release, but I watched it many times on DVD.
4. Deadgirl - This makes the list because I thought about it. A lot. I don't know that I want to sit through it again, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
5. Thirst - Proof that Koreans know their horror.
6. REC - There is very little wrong with this film. It is solid all the way around. One of the best horror films ever, not just from this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment