Saturday, August 1, 2009

Adventures of the Jank-Mobile

I am an intelligent person who does stupid, stupid things. Yesterday, I decided that my car knowledge was enough to fix my car (aka jank-mobile), and she was ready to take a long trip, for her, to pick up my best friend from work. All went well for the first ten or so miles. The jank-mobile was riding fine. But, as it often happens, my pride was my fall. I decided that the jank-mobile could handle the a/c. Was I wrong. So what happened? The jank-mobile got hot. Smoking hot. Not in a good way. She had to limp down Hempstead highway, my pushing her too far. By the time the jank-mobile arrived home, she was smoking - literally. My best friend feared she might catch fire. Moral of the story: I'm not a mechanic. I shouldn't play one.

No comments:

Post a Comment